Prevent Bed Bugs in Woburn, MA
This spring, Massachusetts residents should be sure their home is not at risk for bed bugs. Woburn, MA homeowners: contact Yankee Pest Control for an initial inspection.
Aside from the hallmark red bite patterns bed bugs leave on us, there are other signs of an infestation:
- Look for eggs in the folds of curtains or in older furniture.
- Check mattresses and bedding for bed bug excrement, which appears as small dark brown or red streaks.
- Check areas around the bed, such as night stands and dressers. Even stuffed animals may harbor bed bugs. Woburn residents should contact Yankee Pest Control for more tips on bed bug hiding spots.
The above red flags could signal a bed bug infestation. Yankee Pest Control will create and implement hand-tailored plans to treat bed bugs. Meanwhile, there are a few steps you can take to tide you over until help arrives:
- Clean bed linens and affected fabrics in the washing machine on the hottest setting. Dry on the highest setting, as well. Heat kills bed bugs and their eggs.
- Vacuum any area where you found evidence of bed bugs. Use a stiff brush to loosen attached eggs and detritus.
- After cleaning and vacuuming all bed bug hideouts, encase your mattress in a cover that zips closed. Wash stuffed animals and seal off cracks in any walls near the bed bug site.
- You can treat bed bug bites by washing them with hot water and antiseptic soap. This will prevent infection.
Fast Response to Eliminate Bed Bugs
Contact Yankee Pest Control, and sit tight; we’ll be there soon! We are fully equipped to handle every type of pest. Call us today at 781-397-9923 for more information, or to request an appointment. We specialize in bed bugs and Woburn homeowners can trust our one-year, warranty-backed control plans.